A Sneak Peak into Prepper Academy
For those who have read the last post, I shared with you all how and why I got into prepping. Many of you also shared your own personal stories.
Thanks so much!
At the end of that article I mentioned how I’ve been working on developing a resource that will be very helpful to the prepper community — especially for those who are struggling with knowing how and where to begin.
This resource is a members-only community that I call Prepper Academy and I’m excited to finally tell you what it’s all about:
Prepper Academy is an online resource that helps you get prepared. The central focus of the academy is a set of guided courses that are designed to take you step by step from being utterly unprepared to the ultimate goal of self-reliance — accommodating even the most modest of budgets.
Prepper Academy is broken up into five modules with multiple courses per module. Each month you’ll receive new courses that guide you through the various modules bringing you closer to the goal of personal freedom and independence.
As you move through the various modules your ability to effectively survive a wide variety of disasters will increase as shown in the following graphic:
What you’ll learn:
Course 101: Building a Bugout Binder
After completing this course, you will have created a highly-customized emergency binder that is designed to be quickly taken with you if you were forced to evacuate your home. By having this binder, you will…
- Have peace of mind knowing that you have all the vital documents you would need to rebuild your life in case your home were destroyed
- Have a solid bug-out plan in place telling you what to do, when to leave, where to go, and how to get there, and…
- Be way ahead of the mad rush of people exiting your area by knowing the “pre-cursor signals” that tell you it’s time to leave.
Course 102: Building your Disaster Kits
After completing this course, you will have a set of disaster kits which are custom designed for a variety of emergency situations. You’ll learn…
- How to build a Bug-Out Bag (BOB) that will help you survive your journey from ground zero to a safe area.
- How to put together an Emergency Car Kit that will keep you warm, safe and comfortable until help arrives or you can get on the road again.
- What a Get-Home Bag (GHB) is, how to put one together, and why it’s crucial to carry one whenever you’re away from home.
- How to build a proper Emergency Medical/Trauma Kit
- The importance of Every-Day Carry (EDC) kits and what should be in yours.
- The different types of Specialty Kits there are and which ones are essential for you and your household.
Course 103: Battening Down the Hatches (Sheltering-in-Place)
Before disaster strikes your home, it’s absolutely essential that you know how to prepare ahead of time. and what to stock up on is of primary importance. But that is only half the story, knowing how to deal with emergencies during and after the emergency are just as important. In this course you will…
- Have peace of mind knowing that in a minor crisis you will never have to join the flocks of people rushing to the stores before the shelves clear
- Have enough supplies to ride out a minor crisis that would affect your power, water, and food supply.
- Learn what types of fuel you should have on hand and how to store it
- Learn how best to purify and store water…even if you live in a small apartment
- Overcome disaster paralysis by learning what to do to prepare your home BEFORE a disaster strikes
- Determine the most likely disasters to affect you and how you can prepare for them
Course 104: Cooking Off-Grid
Knowing how to cook during an extended power outage is crucial for comfort, morale, as well as avoiding food-born illnesses. In this course you will…
- Know the best off-grid cooking options available that work with big or small budgets
- Discover which off-grid cooking methods are best fit for sheltering-in-place or bugging out
- Know how to make your own off-grid cooking stoves with common every-day items
- Learn how to use an often overlooked but highly effective primitive fire method that is easily built by a 4-year old, can be used in rain, snow or shine, and easily ignites with only one match
Course 105: Survival Sanitation in a Grid-Down World
Even during short-term grid-down situations, major sanitation issues and devastating health problems can erupt. Sanitation may not be as sexy a topic as firearms, bug-out bags, or fire making, but knowing how to keep clean and properly deal with waste and sewage during a grid-down situation is one of the most important pieces of knowledge to have as a modern prepper. In this course you will…
- Learn a simple homemade cleaning solution using items already in your home that is powerful enough to kill Anthrax spores
- Know how to deal with trash when the garbage man stops coming
- Discover the single most effective way to prevent the spread of communicable diseases
- Learn how to properly and safely dispose of human manure – whether you’re in the city or the country.
The remaining modules are also chock full of courses that will take you to that next level of preparedness:
In this module you’ll learn how to build a reserve that will get you through longer-term emergencies from a job loss to larger scale disasters lasting at least 3-months.
You’ll also learn how to preserve your own food to extend shelf life and for those with limited budgets, you’ll learn how to build up this reserve without breaking the bank.
Module 200 also gets you started on establishing your Survival Library. You’ll learn why it is crucial and what should be in yours.
Module 300 is in many ways a continuation of the previous module, except this level is focused on long-term, bulk food storage. It will teach you exactly what to store, where to buy it, how to store it, and most importantly how to use it.
There are far too many preppers with buckets of long-term bulk food just sitting in their basements with no idea how to use them. A major portion of this module then is teaching you how to integrate them in your every-day life so that when the SHTF you and your family will already be accustomed to using and eating it.
Module 400 is all about securing what you’ve worked so hard to build.
When tough times loom, social unrest and crime increases. It’s important during these times that you know how to secure your home and keep your family safe. This module will help you to put in place active and passive protections for your home and loved ones.
You’ll also learn about home caching (for hiding valuables in your home), mindset and awareness training, defensive/offensive tools available for preppers, as well as recommended and inexpensive sources of self-defense training and much more.
Finally, when uncertainty is in the air, you’ll want to know how to communicate with your loved ones as well as keep your “ear to the ground”. Module 400 goes into detail about the various types of communication options available to preppers when the grid is up or down.
Up to this point in the academy (Levels 100 – 400) you’ve been mostly accumulating stuff to get you through tough times. You could stop at this point, working only on storing more and more stuff (which many do). But to really get beyond SURVIVING and moving into THRIVING and ultimately entering self-sufficiency, you’ll want to move on to these higher levels.
Level 500+ is all about skill development. The benefits of learning skills over accumulating stuff is that the more capabilities you learn in these upper levels, the less you’ll be dependent upon what you’ve already accumulated.
As a good friend of mine often says, “Training Trumps Gear” — the more you know the less you need. And best of all as you develop self-sufficiency, your stores become less of a necessity and more of an insurance policy.
A ton of thought, research, time and collaboration has gone into Prepper Academy to make it THE go-to resource for a variety of preppers with diverse backgrounds, means, and needs.
And as they say in those cheesy infomercials…
By becoming a member of Prepper Academy you’ll also have access to the following:
At the Prepper Academy forum you’ll find a safe place to share, free of spam and disrespectful anonymous people. Our forums are fully moderated, assuring you a relaxing and rewarding experience.
In addition, you can earn “forum bucks” which reward the top participants every month with fantastic prepper gear like Leatherman multi-tools, water filters, medical kits, books, knives, campstoves and more!
We feature a growing list of video columns from some of the best prepper-videos available on the web. Videos include Survival Medicine, Analytical Survival and the Personal Defense Network.
A fully-downloadable digital library containing HUNDREDS of documents that you can add to your survival library immediately. With documents in various categories such as general preparedness, heat and energy, homesteading, urban survival, wilderness survival, personal protection, and personal health/medical there is plenty of information for you to work through for those looking to go above and beyond.
Prepper Academy has teamed up with some of the best vendors of prepper-related supplies and training to provide you with a number of fantastic discounts. Just the savings alone will pay for your membership many months over!
$100 off your class of choice
$100 off the online Family Herbalist Course
50% off all eBooks
Given the amount of information you get, and the option to win free prepper gear, as well as the incredible discounts, I could easily set the price of membership to be $30 a month.
However, since the community is just beginning and this is a brand-new launch
Since I’ll be releasing this on Wednesday (today is Monday), anyone who signs up this week will be GRANDFATHERED in at $7/mo for as long as you retain your membership. So any future price increases will not affect you.
That’s about the cost of an extra value meal at McDonald’s!
Nope. No catch. No commitments.
When you sign on, you will be charged monthly at a flat rate of $7 per 30 days and you can cancel at any time. If you do decide to cancel there are no hard feelings and you won’t need to talk to anyone over the phone or hunt far and wide to end your membership. It’s as simple as clicking the “Unsubscribe” button in the membership site and following the easy directions.
On your first month of joining you’ll get access to the following courses from Module 100:
After that, on each 30-day anniversary of your joining, a new course (or courses depending on the module) will be “activated” automatically for you.
There are around 17 courses in Module 100 – Module 400 and it will take around a year to get you through those. Since each of the courses are intended to be completed sequentially and are fairly involved, you will need the time to work through them before moving on to the subsequent courses and modules.
After that Module 500 is for those willing to go beyond just “Prepping” and into self-reliance. If you continue as a member at that point, you will continue to receive more courses that further your self-reliance skills such as gardening, wild edible and medicinal plant studies, wilderness survival and more.
In addition, when you join you will be given unrestricted access to all of the other content and features such as the discounts, forum, libraries etc.
So that’s Prepper Academy in a nutshell. Sorry it took so long to explain but I’m super excited about this and I wanted to make sure you had a full understanding of the depth of what I’m offering here.
With that, if you have any questions or comments feel free to leave them below.
thanks guys and stay safe,
- Posted in Prepper Academy